YouTube is the world’s largest and most popular video site. It might take a lot of time for your employees to visit YouTube during business hours every day.
To improve work efficiency, the boss must ban employees from accessing YouTube during business hours, or at least knowing how much time employees spend on YouTube.
A lot of articles on how to block the YouTube website mentioned the method of editing the hosts file in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder. This method may look good, but it is not suitable for the company management staff computers.
You can block YouTube on Windows by following the steps below:
1. Download and install OsMonitor employee monitoring software
2. Check the “Block Video Websites” option in the system settings of OsMonitor Server. You can allow access to YouTube for some employees while blocking the website for the others. All these settings are done on the OsMonitor Server, without the need for operating the employee’s computer.
3. You can click the small button near each option to view or edit the URLs that you want to block. By adding the URLs of the websites you wish to block, you not only can block YouTube but also all kinds of other video websites.
4. When the YouTube website is visited, the browser will close automatically on the employee’s computer. The OsMonitor server logs the event and the boss can view the record of blocking YouTube under the recent event column of OsMonitor Server.
5. If you don’t block access to YouTube, you can see how much time each employee spends each day visiting YouTube.
As a powerful monitoring software, OsMonitor can block access to any website, YouTube apps and other apps that are not related to work on all Windows OS computers, including Windows 7 and Windows 10.